I loved it so much, I almost ordered it, despite the $60 price tag, as seen, no wings (those could be purchased for another $30 or $40). Eureka! It's only tulle and feathers people - not a live peacock!
I convinced my self I could do it. I think Denin thought I was crazy, and was probably a little worried that the costume would become one of "those" projects, where I cry, get frustrated, give up, try again, and in the end have so-so feelings toward my project. Not this time! I finished it (last weekend even, not the night before - unheard of, I know), love it, and am super proud of it. Jyllian wore it to the Halloween carnival at day care last night and had lots of compliments (who's the proud peacock now?!) - but it doesn't hurt that she's cute too!
Today I got her dressed back up and took her outside for some pictures. These may be the only pictures I get, who knows how crazy Halloween will be, and I know I will have two Star Wars guys threatening to blast me or cut me with his light saber if we don't get out and start trick-or-treating!
{The feathers are quite interesting to her - and all over my house. When she gets angry she pulls them off, making more loose feathers... Thank goodness this costume only has to last one more night (we won't be taking this costume to daycare)!}
{Black glitter shoes complete the outfit}
{I love this picture!}
{The back - different lengths of tulle for the full peacock effect!}
All this took was 4 colors of tulle, 1 feather boa, 1 crocheted stretchy headband (it's how I did the different layers of tulle), 6 peacock feathers, and butterfly wings (I turned them upside down and took off the bottom two wing parts), and viola! And, it was much cheaper than the $100 I could have spent!
Now, back to my usual self, on to start and finish my flamingo costume for Monday. It involves more stupid feathers, and something tells me, it won't be near as cute as my peacock costume venture!





1 comment:
stunning, I would love more details on how you accomplished the wings, great job!!!
Post a Comment