It has been far too long since I've done any updates - life has been crazy. I've been working 6 days a week, plus trying to get ready for Christmas, on top of every day life (my stupid projects included), all have kept me a little too busy!
This year I was asked the question by Kole, a question I dread, a question that just confirms my boy is growing up - "is Santa Claus real?" Uh oh, I think to myself, but I calmly ask him, "do you believe he is real?" He answers "yes," "well, then that's all that matters I replied." Whew - think I may be safe for this year.
One of my pharmacists told me about Elf on the Shelf, I thought it was another crazy Utah thing, one that I wasn't going to have anything to do with - turns out it's a cute idea! In an effort to keep the belief alive, and in hopes the boys will be extra good, I called Denin, asked him to stop at Target and pick up two elves. After homework and dinner I read the boys' the story and they named their elves, Frost Bite was the name Kole picked, and Kamden chose Buddy. Every night the elves go back to the North Pole and tell Santa if the boys have been naughty or nice - and reappear somewhere new in the house in the morning. After the first day, Kole told my mom that he knew I hid the elves :( tragic, I tell you. So it was time to get creative.... Below are just a few pictures of the antics of Frost Bite and Buddy:
And every night I curse at the elves because I have to top the previous night - siting on a shelf is no longer an option!

2 comments:
You are such an amazing Momma! How do you do it all? Glad Buddy and Frost Bite use smashbox makeup :) Ha!
I had never heard of Elf on a Shelf until I saw the 30 min Christmas special that was last week. May have to be a new event for my house as well!!
Merry Christmas to you and your family Jaime!!
Post a Comment