Tuesday, July 5, 2011

{Birthday Parrrrr-ty}

Seriously.  Where did June go?  It all started off with swimming lessons, then Jyllian's birthday, then baseball 4 nights a week, then Fathers Day and Kamden's birthday, then my mom's birthday, then Kamden's birthday party, then the 4th of July on top of working and life in general.  Whew - no wonder why I feel like I am so far behind!  I will play blog catch-up, one event at a time, and in no particular order (it's my blog, I will do what I want!).

The last post I left off was Kamden's birthday/Fathers Day - because they fell on the same day we pushed his party back a week.  Poor kid was so confused!  For his birthday/Fathers Day I made Brownie Cake Pops and decorated them with batman sprinkles, so that plus the Batman toys he got for his birthday, he was very confused when I talked to him about his pirate party...

{Yes, a brownie pop (but not as a pop - I ran out of sticks) was his birthday cake...  He also got a new bike helmet for his birthday, in case you couldn't tell!}


This year's birthday party was pirate themed - I still was suffering from a birthday party hangover, so extravagance was kept to a minimum!


We had his party at the South Ogden splash pad - it was so nice not having the party at my house - no food, no clean up, and no stress!  As an added bonus, the kids could do what they want, be as loud as they want, and have all the fun that they want!

{Thank goodness for zoom, he couldn't reach me with the water cannon}

 {They totally posed for this picture - yes they were laying on their towels, but not quite like this!}

 {Even Jyllian got in on the action - although she wasn't too sure about it}


 {The sun is so bright, you gotta wear shades...}

{A real pirate ship cake!  Unfortunately, due the heat and the drive, it was a little more ship wrecked than ready to set sail, but it really was an awesome cake!}

{The best part of any birthday are the presents!  Thank you to everyone that helped celebrate Kamden's 5th birthday!}

No comments: