15 years ago I married my best friend.
I was 19, Denin was 20. We were crazy - but, it worked! Neither one of us really had a clue; we were in love, and love is all you need, right?! Also, at that age, we knew everything! I mean, I still do. Okay maybe not, but I like to make my kids believe I do!
{left:1st dance in 1993 - 4 weeks after our first date. Right: 1996 - My senior prom)
I realize it is a profound statement to say a lot has changed in 15 years, but it has...
There are no digital copies of any dance photos or wedding photos (hence the terrible quality of scanned photos in this post). It took me 4 hours to scan in old photos - I'm grateful for the change to digital!
We have had 6 different addresses
We have built 2 houses
We lived in Arizona for 3 years
Denin supported me through 7 years of school (6 of those we were married) - he put up with the countless hours of studying and bared the brunt of the emotional breakdowns that came as a result of procrastination and cramming for exams. There was also a lack of vacations, quality time, and money, only to be rewarded by a diploma, a license to practice pharmacy (aka be his sugar mama), and a large amount of student loans.
We have seen good friends become acquaintances or even strangers, and have made new, life long friends along the way.
He has taken me to see 5 or 6 Tim McGraw concerts (I've lost track), even though once probably would have been enough for him. We could go again. In Vegas. At the Venetian. (hint, hint!)
He chose to stay married to me through 3 pregnancies (after the last one, the man - okay the whole family, deserves a medal).
We survived 2 terrible infant boys with colic.
We have lost loved ones. One being his mother - far too soon.
{2000 - 2003}
{2004-2009}
{2009 - 2010}
{2010 - 2012}
We have had our ups and downs - all marriages do.
He puts up with my crazy emotional instability. I've cried over rolls - that's only the tip of the iceberg!
He usually doesn't tell me no. Why is this important? Because I am an only child - it is in my genetic make up to get my way, or at least, that is my excuse.
He was Peter Pan for Halloween the year I wanted to be Tinkerbell.
He loves me regardless of how I look. Fat or thin, good hair or really bad hair (see any of the above for examples!).
He has accepted the fact that my iPhone is as necessary to me for life as air is.
He helps me with my craft projects. They seem like such great ideas, but quickly become, my "stupid craft projects."
Parties. They bring out an evil woman in me - yet he still allows me to throw them.
He always believes in me and always supports me. He believes in me more than I believe in myself...
Writing this, I have come to realize, he does more for me than I do for him.
He is my life. We have a wonderful life with our 3 kids. It's not perfect, but it is perfect for me!
Happy Anniversary baby. Thank you for fifteen wonderful years!






3 comments:
Happy Anniversary to Two of my most favorite people! Love the post, Jaime! Miss y'all like crazy!
That was sweet! Cheers to the next 15 yrs...or as Tim McGraw would say......the next 30!
What an accomplishment!!! So happy for you and your lovely family... brought a tear to my eye :)
Post a Comment