{I really couldn't think of a title for this blog post - it's all over the place today!}
See that cute little mouth? Pretty soon, shots like this will show teeth! At almost 9 months old, Jyllian is getting her two bottom teeth, one has cut through and the other isn't far behind! I must admit, I had no idea she was teething - she was sick, so I didn't think anything of the extra boogers, I guess the amber necklace she has been wearing around her ankle for the last 4 months, really does help with teething! I just can't picture her with teeth.... I bet she will be a biter!
{I absolutely love those eyes! And cheeks! And lips!}
Yesterday the boys went outside after, what I hope, is the last significant snowstorm (I miss you Arizona) of the season, and made a snowman. Surprisingly, they did not destroy Ol' Frosty after I took the picture, however, today's sunshine, did not show the same respect! He had a bucket hat, a baby carrot nose, and eyes and buttons made of rocks - the boy's were quite proud of him, and they had a blast playing in the snow with Daddy! I love capturing moments like these!
{Look at those red cheeks - so cold, but so happy!}
On a more serious note... Today I attended the funeral of my friends brother. Although I did not know him, I wanted to be there for my friend, and in doing so, it reminded me of just how lucky I am. Life is short, and sometimes shorter than we expect or had planned on. It is so easy to get caught up in our daily routines of work, homework, errands, and housework that we sometimes lose sight of what is really important - each other. I am so grateful for my husband, he is my best friend and the love of my life; my children, I couldn't imagine my life without them - sometimes I think I need them more than they need me; my parents - I realize I'm a pain at times, and they have done so much for me - they are partially responsible for the person I am today (they don't get all the credit/blame) and I appreciate and love them; and my friends, although I have but a few true friends, I can't imagine getting through the day without them!
I realize I don't usually get all sappy on my blog posts, I prefer to keep my emotional instability off of the Internet - but today I felt it was needed. I need for those close to me, to know how much I love them, and how much they mean to me!


1 comment:
I am sorry to hear about the funeral and hope you count me among your close friends. Love you!
Post a Comment