Monday, March 14, 2011

{Seven}

Seven.  That is how old my first born is.  Holy cow!  Where has the time gone? 

For Kole's 7th Birthday, we had a family party at Boondocks.  It was a nice change to have the chaos and mess somewhere other than our home, and the boys' loved every minute of it!  I wish it would have been warm so we could have done the outside things too - the weather in March is so finicky, but even with the rain, Kole had a great party! 


{The Birthday Boy}


{So embarrassed by us singing Happy Birthday!}


{See that look?  Even though that is his cousin, he gives all girls that look - like he thinks girls are crazy!}

 
{When did he get so tall?  He looks so much like his Dad, doesn't he?!}

On another Kole related topic...
We have had our challenges with Kole behaving in school.  He is smart and does well, but, he is a first grade boy...  He doesn't listen well in class somedays, he says and does inappropriate things (no idea where that comes from...), and talks during class (I plead the fifth), so we have really had to work with him and encourage him to stay on task and behave in class/at school.  Today he came home and said he was selected to be Student of the Week!  Yay!  The class makes him a book, and Denin and I are supposed to write him a letter, and it gets presented to him on Friday.  I am so proud of him!  I wish I could be there for it, but I have to be out of town :(
Kole also has a memory of an elephant.  I told him a loooooong time ago, if he was the Student of the Week, I would buy him a toy.  He remembered, and is anxious to get his toy! 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: