So my parents went on a 2 week cruise, although we can certainly manage our kids on our own, there are times when back-up is greatly appreciated! Kole and Jyllian both needed their well child check-ups, so when I scheduled their appointments all I was offered was two appointments in one. I had my reservations about this, but I figured since it was for the oldest and youngest how bad could it be????
After I had all 3 of them picked up I took them to Chick-fil-a for lunch, keep in mind, I don't think I have taken all 3 out in public alone - but I figured how bad could it be? As soon as we sit down with out food Kole announces he needs to use the restroom. Great. I can't leave the table with all our food on it and take all 3, I can't leave Kam at the table by himself (I'm not that trusting of society), we're on the other side of the restaurant so I won't let Kole go on his own (again, not that trusting), so I of course I ask Kole to "hold it". I know, bad mom, but I did let them play in the play area (I think that was the first time I have ever let them play at a fast food play area - excluding pizza places)!
So, the doctors office didn't get much easier. First, Kole had to pee in a cup (see, good thing I made him hold it)... Not a big deal, we have done it before, but not with a baby in my arms, and definitely not after Kole says "I can do it myself." Just a word of caution, don't ever, ever, EVER, let a child be responsible for holding a cup they are supposed to pee in! I intervened, enough said! Although I came equipped with my phone and my iPod Touch to keep the boys occupied, I did not plan on a cranky diva. Rough appointment - I will NEVER do that again! Good news, both kiddos are healthy and growing like weeds, not so good news, we need to have Kole's eyes checked again - I'm thinking he needs glasses...
Kole's 7 year stats:
50 inches (80%)
56 Pounds (75%)
Jyllian's 9 Month stats:
(Just great, I threw the paper away thinking I had written the info in her baby book. I guess I will have to ask for that info again at her 1 year check up, but what I do remember):
20 pounds 4 ounces (85%-ish)
???? inches (85%-ish)
head - ???cm (95%) *I do remember, she has a big noggin!
Above average for both, but just right for me!

No comments:
Post a Comment