Wednesday, May 25, 2011

{And so it begins}

I am the first to admit, I am neurotic, particularly when it comes to my children, but this craziness has taken a turn for the worst...  I am a blog addict, obviously, not my own, but craft blogs.  I have no idea how many blogs I have subscribed to for updates, it's that bad.  These blogs make me want to be crafty - not a bad thing, except, I have no time, but they have also inspired me to take a different approach to Jyllian's first birthday party!  In the land of blogs and Etsy, birthday parties are custom made, not store bought.  These birthday parties are a theme, have custom invitations, custom decorations, special food - they are my Denin's worst nightmare! I searched the internet for weeks, looking for the perfect party decorations, I could not find anything I wanted that I could readily purchase, so, I decided I would do it myself!  To start , I made Jyllian's invitations - I did not purchase a template (other than the digital scrapbook kit for the papers), I designed the invite myself, and I took her picture.  Those have been mailed out, so I'm doing good so far, right?!  I have also designed: water bottle labels, cupcake toppers, and a pennant birthday banner.  I still need to complete the food place cards (but I need to finalize the food), more decorations, finalize the menu, make everything, get professional pictures done, customize a birthday shirt, make a tutu for school (just thought of that one tonight), and... (I'm sure I will think of more!)  Yes, this birthday party has turned into quite the animal, and I am the only one responsible...  (I will post pictures of everything, eventually)

So aside from me being the crazy party planning b&@#$ (just ask Denin, you do not want to be around me before the birthday party), I wanted to revisit Jyllian's first year, 1 day for each month.  I should have started this yesterday, but I didn't account for the day she was born, so today you get a two-fer!


{My Little Princess}

Jyllian Lori
6.5.10 7:19am
7 pounds 14 ounces 20.5 inches


{One Month}
It's amazing how fast they grow.  I started her monthly pictures using this blue tutu and headband, so I could visualize how much she had grown month to month.  Seeing this picture now, I'm reminded of just how little my baby was - her head could fit in my hand and how her foot was as long as my thumb.  How has time passed so quickly????

1 comment:

hangel said...

You are insane. That is why I love you--and the invitations were SO cute! Great job! Miss you guys!