Wednesday, February 22, 2012

{The C-word}

Friday the 13th lived up to its bad luck reputation. I've thought about writing this post many, many times, I'm sure each version would have been different. Part of me thought this wasn't my story to tell, while another part of me needed an outlet. No one can interrupt me here, or look at me with that "look," and it doesn't matter if I cry mid post, because you can't see me.

I must admit, I wasn't surprised to hear the news, my mom had Endometrial Cancer. I think I'm genetically screwed, cancer seems to be lurking in the family DNA. Right now she's in surgery - Eunice, Overton, and Fabio (I named her organs) are being removed. I know she will be fine. We don't know what lies ahead yet as far as future treatment, but I do know, she can beat this.

My only request I ask from those that read this is to take care of your health (I will take my own advice). If you don't do it for yourself, do it for your children or those around you that love you. Preventative medicine exists for a reason. Medical Guidelines were created for a reason. Don't be ignorant or think you are invincible - life can change in an instant....

I love you mama!

{and you can't be mad at me for opening my big mouth :)}

 

2 comments:

Brinkerhoff's said...

I hope everything went good today... I'm always here for you if you need anything. I promise to not interrupt, give you any looks, and I don't care if you cry :)
Love ya!

Natalie said...

Saw your beautiful Mama yesterday, she made me cry. So glad that she is doing well!