Sunday, February 19, 2012

{New Floors!}

It all started when Denin and I had no idea what to get each other for Christmas.  I have been whining about getting hardwood flooring and a new couch for many, many, many years.  He always convinced me to wait we didn't have babies learning to crawl or walk, or babies to drool or puke on our couch.  We are pretty much out of that phase, so I went back to whining...  

I think my persistent whining plus the complete lack of any idea for Christmas and our birthdays, finally made my wish come true.  I really didn't anticipate doing the living room, dining room, kitchen, and down the hall, but we just couldn't find a good place to meet the new hardwood to the old tile - so it all came out!  It was a mess.  Dust everywhere.  I about had a breakdown because of the sheer mess of it all - dust in the cabinets, in the pantry, on the furniture, upstair, downstairs...everywhere!  But, I love how it turned out!  The hardwood is hand distressed, so it's not supposed to show all the dents and dings - but I will admit, every time I hear something dropped on the floor, I hold my breath and check for damage (Denin says that a little piece of me dies each time...).

Dining Room
Hallway 

Kitchen


The upstairs decor is getting a redo as well.  Out goes the watermelon decor in the kitchen and the unknown theme in the front room!  Still have a lot left to do, but part of the problem is I don't know what to do...  I suggested striped a striped (horizontal) wall - Denin already shut that down!  He's forcing me to stick with one color...
New couch

The kitchen is red and aqua-ish, with polka dots.  I think Denin has had enough of my polka dot obsession!  (It started it the kids bathroom, and has started taking over other rooms..)
Painted and glazed the pantry door

Refinished the chairs last fall

Polka dot Painted Ikea Rug

What a difference new floors make!  

3 comments:

Nicole Johnson said...

You have a "panty" door? Is that kinda like an underwear drawer? Hahaha!

Courtney said...

Looks so amazing! In the end worth all the stress! But do you love them so much that Jyllian has to sleep there now? :)

The Peterson's said...

Ha ha - corrected the panty door! That would be interesting though...