Monday, October 22, 2012

{Pumpkins for the punkins'!}

Friday my parents and I took the kids to the pumpkin patch.  All I can say is if you use the phrase "free pumpkins" in Utah, be prepared for long lines and lots of kids.  If you can't beat them, join them, right?!    It's always a gamble as to what kind of weather you will be pumpkins in - we've had years where we are bundled up in winter jackets freezing our butts off, and this year, the only element we had to contend with were the burrs.  Jyllian wasn't too sure about the tractor ride, but we made it without any major breakdowns!

{This was pretty open - of course I did not start my great pumpkin search in this relatively burr free area...}

{No.  I stared here.  I was also an idiot and wore flip flops!  See Kamden in the middle????}


{Kole is kind enough to humor me when taking his picture.  How much longer do you think I have before he is too cool for me, pumpkin patches, and pictures????}

{He looks like he's struggling to carry that pumpkin, doesn't he?  It wasn't that heavy!}

{Now Jyllian's pumpkin was a third the size of her.  She's quite the diva, even while picking out pumpkins!}

Next weekend - carving!




No comments: