Tuesday, October 30, 2012

{19!}

I am not a mushy person.  Sentimental, yes. An emotional disaster, absolutely.  After 19 years, I reserve the right to be any of the following.  19 years ago is the day Denin and I went on our first date.  This day is as much of a milestone to me as our wedding anniversary.

Denin and I met each other a few times before our first date.  A birthday party where he was the "date" of another class mate.  We danced at my school stomp.  I guess the 3rd time was the charm!  Our mutual friends Nikki and Dan helped set us up, and put up with years of high school note passing - for them I will always be grateful! I look back at the high school years, first I would never go back, but second, I was such a typical teenage girl - good thing high school boys are equally dumb, It's amazing Denin put up with me then (and still does)....

I know I've used this picture before - but I'm out of town this morning and didn't have access to my arsenal of pictures!

{Picture on left - first dance, a month after our first date}
19 years ago, I had no idea what our first date would result in,  I just was hoping to have a date to the Sadie Hawkins Dance!  So, here we are 19 years later - married 15 years, 3 kids, and a gazillion dinners at Olive Garden (seriously, we ate there like every weekend when we were dating - I don't know how Denin  could afford to date me), I'm so lucky to have spent the last 19 years with my best friend!

{Denin - I wasn't working this morning, I was typing this!  Still keeping you guessing!!!}



No comments: