Friday, August 6, 2010

July (the Cliff Notes version)


 Since I didn't post anything in July, here comes a very long post to make up for it...

Even though I've been home for most of the summer the boys still went to daycare - it was for their sanity and mine.  Summer is full of field trips, they have been to the zoo, the Treehouse Museum, the HAFB museum, bowling, the Dinosaur park, and fishing.  Each of them got to bring home two fish (with eyeballs - no sense having them filleted since the fish will be thrown into the garbage when they aren't looking), they were so proud.  Kole tried to chase me through the house with one of the fish (I hate fish), and he found it hilarious!
Kamden's Catch
Our weekends were usually spent playing in the water - one Saturday the Slip N' Slide was the chosen water toy.  Kole would go down the slide like normal, but for Kamden it was more of a Run, Jump N' Splash...

This looks like the landing is going to hurt...

We celebrated the 4th of July at my parents house, with my Aunt, Cousin and his wife, and their kids.  We barbecued, the boys played, and we had fireworks from Wyoming (enough said).  This also Jyllian's first official holiday!
Yes the flower on her head is large.  I couldn't get the three kids together in their coordinating outfits - Jyllian didn't want to play!



Jyllian turned 1 month old!  I purchased a tutu and matching bow for her to wear for each monthly picture.  I have turned to the girly "dark side," I know, but it's so much fun!!!

Jyllian got to meet her Great Grandma Roberts from Arkansas, and she was actually good for the picture (probably because she was asleep).
 


Kamden is still smitten by his sister.  He always tells me, "I like Jyllian, she's pretty, 'cuz she wears bows!"  Both boys always want to hug and kiss her all the time.  They are always in her face, but they can always make her smile!

We took the boys to the Splash pad with their cousins Korey and Brayden, and Aunt Tia.  Jyllian laid on a towel in the shade, she was content doing this for almost 2 hours! 

That's Kamden in that spray of water!

Kole getting showered with water!

My darling niece Korey - she loved running in and out of the water!

Kole and his cousin Brayden

And last but not least, like his brother Kamden, Kole loves his little sister!  I think Jyllian smiled and laughed at Kole first (even before her mom)!

1 comment:

hangel said...

Love all of the pics! Thanks for the update! I was starting to go through withdrawal! Miss you and love you guys!