Saturday, June 18, 2011

{Par-tay}

{Sorry for the two week delay on this, baseball four nights a week, plus birthday party planning burnout, I was in no rush to recap the festivities!}

Jyllian's birthday party certainly lived up to the planning hype - probably a little too overboard, but that is just what I do... 

The birthday girl used up her good mood on Saturday - she wasn't horrible, but I certainly wouldn't call her  the happiest one year old, plus her afternoon nap was cut extremely short by a coughing spell.  Regardless of her mood, there was a party to be had!

{Instead of a special hair bow, she had a tiara.  This is one of the few pictures of her wearing it...}

{Her birthday stash - she really didn't receive an overwhelming number of presents, it was just right!}

{Let's open presents!}

{In almost every picture, I am making some sort of ridiculous face...  If I had to guess, I'm sure I have asked the boys to hand me a present - they either ignored me, or are taking too long!}

{She wasn't excited about her presents, until her princess ball - that made her happy!}

Jyllian received a lot of great presents - she's a spoiled little girl, but well loved!  After presents, we moved on to cake.  I made her smash cake (you can tell by the poor frosting job), I wanted a jumbo cupcake, I don't know why, that is what I wanted.  I decorated it with big circle sprinkles, I knew as soon as we let her at the cake, the circles were going to be the focus.  She could have picked off the circles, one by one:


She had to stop and think about the cake:


At the end of it all, she really didn't dive into the cake.  She had a frosting smily face on her front (courtesy of her daddy), and a foot full of frosting, but she really didn't make a big mess of herself or the cake.


After a quick post-cake bath, she was refreshed and ready to wind down her evening in her new princess jammies (I had to stick with the theme).  

{Happy 1st Birthday, my beautiful little princess}

No comments: