Sunday, June 19, 2011

{Party Decorations}

I'm really kind of bugged - I was too busy trying to get ready for the party, that I didn't get pictures of some of the decorations.  Some of you are curious about my madness, unfortunately, you will have mentally visualize the decorations.  :/ 

This is the invitation and a birthday announcement for out of town friends and family.  I made it myself using photoshop and a digital scrapbook kit.  I took the picture myself too.  I'm pretty proud of it!  I also made a pennant banner (not in a single picture), water bottle labels (also, no picture), and cupcake toppers to match.  Yes, I'm aware, I go overboard, but you only turn 1 once!



We decorated the house with balloons, streamers, and tissue pom poms (remember how I said, call me Martha?  I really did learn to make those from Martha Stewart's website!}.  I made 10 (I think) of these, and after the party was over, I kept 3 to hang in Jyllians room.



and I of course had to display her newest photos!

Out of all the food prepared, I only got a picture of the cake stuff.  We had a meat and cheese tray, chocolate fondue with marshmallows, strawberries, cinnamon bears, pretzels, cashews, and chocolate cake pieces to dip in (the cinnamon bears dipped in chocolate were my favorite), home made crown shaped sugar cookies, fruit dip and apples, and pasta salad.  I tried to keep the food preparation to a minimum, I guess I wasn't very successful at that, and I forgot to make the blueberry pink lemonade (in part, because I ran out of time)! Along with making Jyllian's smash cake,  we (yes, Denin had to help) made spice cake Cake Pops - they were evil to make, but very yummy!  The cupcakes were store bought - no sense in trying to improve upon perfectly good cupcakes!


As for the outside - I was really hoping to have my new patio so more people could enjoy outside, but we did have one outside decoration that not only fit it with the theme, but also kept the wild ones from destroying my house, it was a castle bounce house!  All the kids loved it, and I loved not having all of the kids running around in my house!


One last picture.  My dad just happened to capture this, and it made us laugh...


I have a pom pom head!  
Don't you be looking at my rolls!!! Ha ha! (Wait! In the right corner, you can see the fondue fountain!)

Whew!  Now that her party is over, I've got 3 weeks to plan/prepare for Kamden's birthday party...

No comments: