Thursday, August 18, 2011

{Second Grade}

Yesterday was the first day of 2nd grade for Kole - he was super excited to go back to school (I hope he stays like that)!  

{New shoes, new backpack, new shirts - he was ready to go!}

{So handsome - looks like his dad!}

 {A view of the new backpack - it's a "big kid" backpack.  By this point he was getting rather tired of my picture taking...}

{Luckily for Kole, Kam wanted his picture taken.  However, he had to be a goof ball!} 

 {Couldn't resist a picture of these two!}

 {My big kid walking on to the play ground before school.  Too cool for hugs and kisses and even goodbye's...  They grow up too fast!}

Kole had a great first day.  He told me the day went by fast, he likes his new teacher, but the recesses were really short (the kid has his priorities).  Today I asked him what he learned about, he told me, "I don't remember," I asked him, "how do you not know what you learned about?"  His response was, "it wasn't science or animals, so I don't remember." Good to know what keeps him interested!  After school he has to go to after care for an hour before someone can pick him up.  Last year it was a battle, he hated going - today he asked me if he could stay a couple more minutes.  Yay!  I'm sure it has everything to do with the fact they serve snacks after school - the way to his heart is through treats and snacks, but, if that what keeps him happy...

{I made this for Kole's lunch for his first day - took a picture, and left it downstairs....  I'm such an idiot!  I had to cross out the first day and write second.  He still thought it was cool!  (Yes, I made it, but totally stole the saying from another blog - I'm not that clever!}

Two-and-a-half more weeks and it's Kamden's turn to start kindergarten!

No comments: