Sunday, June 3, 2012

{Tangled Party!}

Today we celebrated Jyllian's 2nd birthday - I can't believe she will be 2 on Tuesday!!!!

This years theme - Tangled. Tangled has been her most requested movie for the last few months, so a Tangled party was the most obvious choice! I've been scouring blogs and pinterest for months trying to create the perfect party - but in normal Jaime fashion, I started putting my thoughts into actions last weekend... I had a week to prepare - did I mention I was in Vegas for 3 days of that week?! I made her tutu last weekend, the rest I started Saturday, slept 2 hours, and finished up about 2:30 Sunday afernoon. The party started at 3:00! I owe a huge thank you to my husband and my mom for helping me - without them, I wouldn't have been able to do it all! They kept me sane, put up with the near melt downs, and humored all of my crazy ideas! My mom even went to 2 Targets for me when I saw a dress at one store and they didn't have my size (obviously a new outfit is necessary for any party)!

Of course, I didn't get the opportunity to take pictures before the guests arrived, but you can still see some of the hard work!

{Rapunzel hair made by braiding yellow plastic table cloths}
{Rapunzel tutu bags made for all the girls and Pascal blowouts}

{Wands filled with M & M's}

No pictures of the food. I tried to keep it simple by doing a chocolate fountain. Tried.... But we had marshmallows, cinnamon bears, apples, strawberries, pretzels, graham crackers, bananas, rice crispy treats, and oreo's - not too simple, was it?! :)
{My little Rapunzel}

{Presents!!!}
{She got 2 Rapunzel dolls, a My Little Pony, lots of clothes, outside toys, money and a trike - she's one spoiled girl!}
{the cake - no fancy business here! At least I had enough sense to go store bought, instead of trying to create a massive cake tower!}
{Singing Happy Birthday - she doesn't know what to think!}

{She couldn't quite understand how to blow out the candles. Thanks to Aunt Tia for trying to keep the tulle out of the flames!!!}

{Asleep before 6:30! Such a sweetheart!}

Until Tuesday - happy early Birthday Tater Bug!

By the way - Kamden's party is less than 2 weeks.... And so it begins again!


1 comment:

kellyann said...

He looks just like her mommy